When consumers purchase goods and services, they want quality. This is why advertisers place commercials and ads highlighting these traits such as – “FORD TOUGH”, CHEVY TRUCK STRONG”, “AJAX STRONGER THAN DIRT”, heck even toilet paper like CHARMIN touts STRONGER BETTER. When people buy they want it to work and last.
Except when they buy insurance. They think all insurance companies and policies are the same. So they get lured into the “cheap.” Just what you want to buy, insurance from a company who may not be able to pay your claim.
I recently ran into a client who said he saved a ton of money on his auto coverage. A big strong contractor, who had big strong trucks, and he bought insurance from a company A.M. Best (the rating company) gave a C rating which is “weak”. With a rating that low, they are lucky to last a month, and who knows if they are still around when you have a claim. There are even some insurance companies that have less revenues than independent insurance agencies, how secure does that make you feel?
Insurance is there to protect you in your times of need. It is best to pick a company who is going to fulfill that prophecy. We at Beacon Insurance Group, your local independent insurance agency and broker, can give you the analysis to help you make the right choice.
To help support our Lowcountry heroes, Station 300 has a goal to raise $15,000 for two local foundations: Honor our Heroes Foundation and Healing Heroes of the Lowcountry.
Station 300 did a great job organizing ways to support our local heroes. For every game bowled during the entire month of May, $1 will be donated. They also have themed drinks so that when you purchase one, $1 will also be donated.
On Saturday, May 31, Station 300 has a full day planned.
• 10am-7pm: Battle of the Branches: Bowl for your favorite military branch of service!
• 6 pm: Hilton Head Shore Notes performance
• 8pm: Check presentation to foundations and prizes awarded
• 8:30-11:30pm Music by Vinyl on Fire
The staff at Beacon Insurance group couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make a contribution, and have a little fun doing it! The Beacon team headed to Station 300 this past Wednesday for a delicious lunch at Zeppelins Bar & Grill and then laced up to roll some strikes for our heroes! We were honored to meet with Gary Trimm, one of the owners at Station 300, and present him with a check as Beacon’s contribution to our local Hereos.
We couldn’t have had more fun celebrating the men and woman who sacrifice all they’ve got for us! Thank you to ALL of our heroes!
Picture: Brian and Ken presenting Gary Trimm with Beacon’s contribution
Meet Caitlin Loden, the newest addition to the team here at Beacon Insurance Group!
Caitlin’s first day on the job was on St. Patrick’s day, lucky us! We are so excited and happy to have her here manning the reception area as our new Administrative Assistant and Receptionist. Here are 10 things to know about Caitlin:
1.) She has lived in Bluffton/Hilton Head for only four weeks!
2.) She is originally from Gainesville, GA (about an hour north of Atlanta) and moved to the area because she loves the weather and was ready for an adventure.
3.) Caitlin’s favorite thing about living in the south is the sweet tea and the warm weather!
4.) Her three favorite things in the world are her dogs, her Nana, and any time she gets to spend with her best friends!
5.) Caitlin wouldn’t survive a workday without her pink post-it notes. They’re everywhere!
6.) Unique characteristic – She love DIY crafts and she is always making something new. A few of her favorites are soap, candles, and decorations.
7.) Caitlin said her favorite thing about Beacon is “everyone is so friendly and Ken brings his puppy Chuck to the office!”
8.) She is known for her obsession with her dogs – she has three!
9.) You might not know that she has a younger brother that is frequently mistaken for her twin!
10.) Caitlin said her greatest personal achievement is graduating college in three years.
Welcome to the insurance world, Caitlin!
Hey Everyone – Meet Morgan Bruce! Morgan is the newest addition to our team here at Beacon Insurance Group! Morgan is holding down the fort for us in the reception area as the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist and is also helping Jodi with our social media. Here are 10 Things to know about Morgan:
- I moved to Hilton Head /Bluffton 2.5 years ago after graduating from Penn State.
- I am originally from Northwestern Pennsylvania and moved to the area because I love the beach and the weather’s not bad!
- My favorite thing about living in the south is not having to shovel the snow off of my car every morning during those lonnngggg winter months.
- My three favorite things in the world are: being with family and friends, seeing new things and meeting new people, and being active. I also LOVE Labrador Retrievers!
- My favorite sports team(s) Penn State Nittany Lions and the Pittsburgh Steelers!
- Unique characteristic- I love to sing! (I secretly want to be on Broadway!) However, my stage fright and not liking to sing in public might get in the way!
- My Favorite thing about Beacon is how helpful and nice every single person is! Everyone is GREAT at what they do and have already taught me a lot.
- You might not know that I am of Greek descent! My great grandfather came to America with his 6 children (1 being my grandmother). I’m hoping to visit there one day.
- My hobbies include skiing (whenever I’m back in PA!) Reading, going to the beach, participating in 5K races (working up to the half marathons!) traveling, watching Penn State Football, and spending time with friends and family. I like staying busy!
- Do you have a personal motto or quote that you live by? The Golden Rule! Treat others as you would like to be treated.