Join Beacon Insurance Group in their March Madness Bracket Challenge!


It’s that time of year for the March Madness NCAA Basketball Tournament! Beacon Insurance Group is holding our very own bracket challenge with AWESOME prizes for the top three winners – and we would love for you to join us!

It’s completely FREE – and here is how you can participate:

  1. Sign up by clicking on the following link:
  2. You will need to create your own username (if you don’t already have one for and use our group password: Beacon1
  3. The deadline for submitting your brackets is Noon EDT on Thursday prior to the start of Round 1 games. Don’t forget!
  4. Have fun!

Top three overall winners will each receive a gift certificate to one of our following Community Partners: Captain Woody’s Bar & Grill, Hudsons on the Docks or Street Meet American Tavern! Also, Anyone who ranks higher than Ken or Brian overall receive a FREE Beacon Insurance Group coozie!


Scoring is automatic through the website and will be as follows:
Second Round: each correct pick is 1.
Third Round: each correct pick is 2.
Sweet 16 ® : each correct pick is 4.
Elite 8 ® : each correct pick is 8.
Final Four ® : each correct pick is 16.
Championship: each correct pick is 32.
TIEBREAKER: Total score of the Championship game

Email Jodi at or call 843-706-3690 if you have any questions.



Beacon Insurance Group Exhibiting at 2013 SCANPO Conference & Named Purchasing Power Vendor

Beacon Insurance Group will be exhibiting at the South Carolina Association of Non Profit Organizations (SCANPO) Annual Conference.  The 2013 Summit, which begins on March 13th and continues through March 15th, is being held at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Greenville.  Beacon Insurance Group is a member of SCANPO and specializes in insuring nonprofit organizations across the state of South Carolina and beyond.

Beacon Insurance Group is one of a select few businesses that have been named a member of SCANPO’s Purchasing Power Vendor Program. The Program “identifies businesses that offer savings and superior service and products” to the members of SCANPO. Beacon Insurance Group has requested that members of SCANPO bring their current South Carolina Nonprofit insurance policies to be reviewed and receive a quote before the end of the Summit.

In addition to giving onsite quotes, Beacon Insurance Group staff will be speaking with a variety of nonprofit directors and discussing insurance coverage and the options they have. Also, Ken Groff will be speaking on a specific insurance related topic.

For more information on SCANPO visit their website:

How do I get a new copy of my social security card? Passport? Birth Certificate? Coastal Home Insurance Policy?

Did you lose the only copy of a vital record? Here is how to replace it!
(Directly from an email from

Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
These records come from the states. To find a copy, you’ll have to contact that state office where the life event occurred. Find the contact information for state and territory offices that can help you.

Report lost or stolen passports to the State Department right away by calling 1-877-487-2778. To report and replace the lost or stolen passport, you’ll have to submit forms DS-11 and DS- 64 in person at a passport agency or acceptance facility. If you lose a passport, and then find it again, you won’t be able to use it to travel. You should return the lost passport and request a new one.

Military Service Records
You often need copies of military service records to apply for a variety of government programs available for veterans, like health care, retirement or education benefits. The National Archives keeps copies of all veterans’ services records, and you can apply online to receive a copy of yours or an immediate family member’s if they are deceased. If you prefer to mail or fax a request for your records, you can download form SF-180. You can also find out how to replace lost military medals and awards.

Social Security Card
If you can’t find your Social Security card, you may not actually need to replace it. As long as you know your Social Security number, you will still be able to collect Social Security benefits, get a job and apply for many government benefits and services. However, if you do want to replace the card, you’ll need to gather documents proving your identity and citizenship to mail or take to a local Social Security office.

Green Card
If you have a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green) Card, you may need to replace it if it was lost, stolen or damaged or if your name or other biographical information has legally changed since it was issued. You can easily request a new one online. If you’re outside the United States and have lost your green card, you should contact the nearest U.S. consulate or immigrations office before you apply online for a new card.

Beacon’s addition: Lose your coastal homeowners insurance policy? Request a new copy by calling your agent 843-706-3690