From the Insurance Information Insitute, here are the top tips on how you can protect yourself from identity fraud this holiday shopping season:
1. Keep the amount of personal information in your purse or wallet to the bare minimum.
2. Guard your credit card when making purchases.
3. Always take credit card or ATM receipts.
4. Proceed with caution when shopping online.
5. Monitor your accounts.
6. When entering names, numbers and addresses into your electronic device, keep them as generic as possible.
7. Place passwords on your credit card, bank and phone accounts.
8. Do not give out personal information.
9. Shred, shred, shred.
Note: Your South Carolina Home Insurance may cover identity fraud – check your policy to see the limits.
Read the entire III Article: Protect Yourself from Identity Theft as the Holiday Shopping Begins
Saturday November 10th marks the first annual Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce Lowcountry Boil. The 3 hour event, beginning at 5:00pm, will be held at the Bluffton Oyster Factory Park in Old Town Bluffton and feature the locally famous Lowcountry Boil Band.
The traditional lowcountry boil, bbq pulled pork, cole slaw, and salad will be provided.
Tickets can be purchased in advance for $25.00 or will be $30.00 at the door and children 12 and under are free. You can purchase tickets at the following places around town: Gigi’s Boutique, Bluffton Pharmacy, Tabby Chic, Quality Suites, Heaven Sent, Powerhouse Gym Garden Gate Chamber Headquarters.
Beacon Insurance Group is one of the sponsors of the event and our staff will be in attendance, so please join us!
*In case of inclement weather the Lowcountry Boil will be held at Oscar Frazier Park.