With Labor Day coming up this weekend, many families are finishing up their summer vacations, or planning a quick three day getaway weekend. Whatever the plan, here are a few tips for a safe road trip:
- Get your oil changed and prepare your vehicle for the trip. Remember to check your tires for the correct amount of air pressure. Also check: fluids, battery, belts, and the air conditioner.
- Make sure you have your South Carolina Auto Insurance and registration information in your vehicle.
- Plan the path of travel ahead of time. Research construction areas, detours, and high traffic areas. Be sure to plan your times around the rush hour of the cities you will be driving through.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic laws. Of course you would like to make it to your destination a little bit earlier; however, it is not worth that speeding ticket or accident.
- Remember this is a big weekend for travel so the highways will be busier than usual.
- Keep your arrival information in a folder or organizer and check it twice before leaving your home. In the folder should be important documents such as: Arrival information for hotel or vacation rental (Phone numbers, address, contact person), directions to destination, and any medical information needed.
- Pack a cooler with bottles of water.
- For the unforeseen incidents, don’t forget: jumper cables, blanket, first aid kit, spare tire and tools.
- Remember to lock your doors when you exit the vehicle, as your vehicle could be a target for theft when full of personal items.
Also, you may want to take a look at your insurance policy – some policies have road side assistance which would come in handy if you are out of state and need help.
Our personal lines agents are here to assist you with your Auto Insurance Charleston questions – give them a call 877-321-8037.
Beacon Insurance Group wishes you a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend!